TEMPORARY POSITION AVAILABLE IN EMBASSY OF IRELAND, SEOUL
Temporary post as Attaché
Embassy of Ireland, Republic of Korea
The Embassy of Ireland in Seoul is seeking applications for a temporary position of Attaché.
The Attaché will undertake a range of activities across the political, trade and administrative areas. Responsibilities will include coordinating and managing projects at the Embassy including visits and events; planning and participation in meetings; monitoring and reporting on political developments; supporting the representation of Irish trade interests and ensuring the smooth running of the administrative functions of the Embassy.
Requirements for the Post
The successful candidate will have:
– A third level qualification;
– Good interpersonal skills;
– The ability to work well in a team and under pressure;
– Strong skills in project management, analysis and report writing, customer service;
– Knowledge of Ireland, its history, culture, political systems and current government policies;
– A strong interest in and knowledge of, Korean current affairs including domestic policies, international relations, inter-Korean policies and international trade agreements;
– Interest in EU structures and policies
Previous relevant work experience and knowledge of the Korean language will be taken into account when applications are assessed.
– A CV of not more than 2 pages including contact details for two referees
– A letter setting out your interest and suitability for the position (max 1 page)
Application should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post addressed to Attaché Competition, Embassy of Ireland, 13 F Leema Bldg, 42 Jong-ro 1-gil, Jongno-gu, Seoul 110-755 by 5pm on Wednesday 7 May.
A shortlist of candidates will be called for interview on the basis of the information supplied. Interviews are scheduled to take place during the week of 12 May and may be conducted by video conference, if necessary. No travel expenses will be payable for interviews
Gross Salary: KRW 4,900,000 per month
Location: Embassy of Ireland, Seoul
Hours of Work: generally 09.00-17.45. The hours of attendance are based on a working week of not less than 43.25 hours. However, given the nature of the role, a considerable degree of flexibility will be required, including some evening duties.
The contract period will be for a period of up to 11 months. There is no entitlement to civil service status. On completion of the contract the attaché will be precluded from internship positions in the Department of Foreign Affairs either in Ireland or abroad.
The successful applicant will be required to provide a medical certificate.
Persons who have availed of recent incentivised early retirement or voluntary redundancy schemes in the Irish public service are not eligible to take part in this competition. Applications will be required to complete a declaration confirming this. Applicants will also be required to declare any entitlements to an Irish public service pension benefit (in payment or preserved) from any other Irish public service employment and/or where they have received a payment in-lieu in respect of service in any public service employment.
The Embassy of Ireland is committed to a policy of equal opportunity.